Frequently Asked Questions
What does ‘ ZOLOTO ‘ mean ?
‘ZOLOTO’ means ‘Gold’ in Russian Language. Zoloto has always believed in giving its esteemed customers more value for their money.
When did Zoloto come into existence ?
Zoloto has been a trusted name in valves and has been producing value engineered products, for the consumers, since 1966.
What all alloys are Zoloto Valves available in ?
Zoloto products are available in Bronze, Brass, Cast Iron, Cast Steel & Forged Steel, suitable for controlling a wide variety of service fluids and gases.
When did Zoloto achieve ISO and why only from Underwriters Laboratories of U.S.A ?
Zoloto was first awarded ISO 9002 by Underwriters Laboratories of U.S.A in the year 2000. UL was chosen solely because UL being the benchmark in the top certifying bodies in the world is also known for their steadfast approach while endorsing the manufacturing system. With continuous improvement in every avenue of the quality system, the company was deservingly upgraded to ISO 9001:2000 in November 2003.
What is Zoloto’s vision ?
Zoloto’s corporate philosophy has always been the exceptional designing and realisation for the need of products as far as quality, technology and dependability are concerned. The future will see Zoloto striving only for perfection and ensuring utmost customer satisfaction, while not forgetting its social responsibilities.
What is Zoloto’s presence at the World Level ?
Zoloto enjoys continuous patronage in various countries including Denmark, Italy, South Africa, Ethopia, United Arab Emirates, Iraq, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Singapore and New Zealand, while continuing to touch lives everyday..everywhere…
Has Zoloto applied for any other certification ?
The company is currently also in the process of being awarded ISO 14001 Certification (Environmental Friendly Company), making it the very first valve manufacturing company in India to be accredited with such a standard in addition to being accredited with API monogram also.
Please ensure that these instructions are correctly abided by, for a problem free & lasting experience in using “ZOLOTO” product.
- Remove the protective plug or the adhesive tape from the valve before installing it, on to the pipeline.
- Don’t cut extra long thread on the pipe, as it may damage the valve interior.
- Clean the pipe end & apply the bonding material only on the threaded area of the pipe & not of the valve.
- Install valve, always with its arrow, wherever applicable, pointing in the direction of the flow.
- Please see to it, that the valve is always installed in its correct posture (preferably straight).
- While installing the flanged valve, always use properly matching companion flanges with suitable flange packing.
- Always tighten the valve from the near end of the joint & do not attempt to force the joint, too tight, with an extra long handled wrench, which is likely to wrap / crack valve body & throw the valve seat out of alignment.
- Flush clean the pipeline, after installation of the valve, keeping the valve seat in fully open position, in order to flush away the foreign particles present in the pipeline, if any.
- It is always advisable, to install a strainer in the pipeline, before the valve to avoid any foreign matter from entering the valve.
- Please ensure that the valve selected is of suitable pressure / temperature rating & is in correct accordance with your requirement.
- After the prolonged use of valve, in the rare event, if the valve shows any slight leakage at the gland, please tighten the gland nut(s) uniformly.